- ¼ cup butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock (water may be substituted)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 1-3 tortillas per person, depending on size of tortillas (Homemade Tortillas recommended)
- 4 avocadoes, seeded and chopped into cubes
- 1-2 cups Farmers cheese, or Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter or oil in a large saucepan and sauté peppers and onion for 8-10 minutes, until soft and beginning to brown. Stir in tomato paste and season liberally with salt and pepper. Carefully transfer contents to a blender, add stock or water, and puree until smooth. Transfer sauce back to saucepan and stir in chicken meat to warm.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop some coated chicken into a tortilla, then add some avocado cubes and cheese. Roll tortilla and place in a baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat until baking dish is full of enchiladas. Pour remaining pepper sauce over enchiladas, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, then serve topped with a sprinkling of freshs cheese.