|Grilled Steak and Asparagus with Tomato and Olive Tapenade|
- Rib-eye or New York Steak, as much as needed for desired servings
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6+ asparagus spears per person
- For Tapenade:
- ¾ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 6-8 anchovy filets (packed in oil preferred)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 tomatoes, seeded and chopped into very small cubes
- Preheat outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Rub steaks liberally with salt and pepper, then toss asparagus in oil and salt and pepper. Grill steak for 3-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness, for medium-rare. Grill asparagus for 2-3 minutes per side on the outer edges of the heated grill- not directly over high flames.
- Meanwhile, place olives, anchovies, garlic, basil, parsley, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and oil in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Place mixture in a large bowl and gently toss with tomatoes until evenly incorporated. Season, as needed, then serve with grilled steak and asparagus.
Grilled Steak and Asparagus with Tomato and Olive Tapenade