I often say that you know you’re a busy mom of young children if going to the bathroom or taking a nice shower feels like a trip to the Bahamas. Sometimes I get the chance to take a nice long shower (as in longer than 5 minutes). Here are the luxurious all natural products I use to make sure I make the most of my mini vacation.
1. Diffuse Essential Oils To Set The Mood
I like to set the mood in my shower by diffusing essential oils. I simply splash 2-3 drops of the oil on the shower wall close to the level of my face. The oils will drip down and infuse the steamy air during your shower. It’s wonderful.
My favorite oils to use in the shower are:
- Peppermint or our favorite respiratory oils blend to open up my sinuses and breathing passages.
- Lavender for relaxation
- Lemon, Wild Orange or a citrus oil blend for an uplifting, refreshing feeling
- Eucalyptus to support and soothe respiratory health
2. Ultra Aesthetics Nourishing Chemical-Free MSM Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash
I love the idea of making your own shampoo and conditioner- or even doing the “no-poo” method (as in using things like baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo and conditioner), but I personally prefer to use my favorite pre-made products. I have been using this amazing line of MSM products for a few years now and no other all natural products can come close to these. They smell really good, too!
3. Burt’s Bees Mango and Orange Sugar Scrub
Oh how I love the Burt’s Bees Mango and Orange Sugar Scrub. (Again, I love the idea of making my own scrubs, but I love buying this stuff even more.) It smells like candy. It makes my skin ultra soft, smooth and moisturized. Of course it’s all natural, so no harsh damaging chemicals to worry about. I’ve been tempted to eat it…but haven’t, I promise. Click here to get it.
4. Burt’s Bees Poor Refining Facial Scrub
I have always struggled with clogged pores and acne. I’ve used this all natural facial scrub for a long time and really like the results. It definitely helps keep blackheads away and evens out my spotty complexion. Click here to get this facial scrub.
5. Homemade Essential Oil-Infused Body Oil
- Use a small travel size bottles like these.
- Fill most of the bottle with a base/carrier oil, or a blend of oils, like vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, or fractionated coconut oil.
- Add a 8-10 drops of a single essential oil or a blend of different essential oils. Here are the mixtures I’ll use:
- Lavender and Frankincense (best for calming and soothing)
- Lavender and Lemon or Lime
- Ginger and Wild Orange
- Ginger and Lemongrass
6. Use Argan Hair Oil for simply gorgeous hair
If you think oil in your hair would be a disaster- give me a chance before you pass up this amazing stuff. I have really oily hair, but I’ve been using Argan Oil in my hair for months and my hair has never been better. Lately I’ve received so many compliments on my hair, and I’m sure the Argan Oil has something to do with it.
This Argan Oil that I recommend is totally natural and has the most delicious fragrance options. Just massage a few drops into the lower 2/3 of your hair and either let dry naturally for a shiny, controlled natural look, or blow dry for salon-quality beauty. Get your Argan Oil here.