There are so many options and approaches to health and wellness. We want to help you navigate it by offering our “Steps to Real Health”. These steps are in order of priority: address your life and health one step at a time! We’ve provided as many resources for you as possible, and if you’d like to contact us, we’d love to hear from you!
Of course nutrition and fitness are the foundation of good health. Eliminating toxins from your life is also a foundational step toward good health.
Here’s how we suggest get you started…
- Every Day Nutrition: Healthy dairy, Eggs, Cultured Foods, Vegetables, Protein & Fat, Bone Broth
- Master Meal Planning– A printable outline plan to eat the right foods every day
- Strength Training
- Stamina Training (Cardio)
- Real Food Cheat Sheet – Print out this cheat sheet of daily menu ideas, nutritional guidelines and basic recipes and post it on your fridge!
- Real Food Family Recipes
- THRIVE Market– Online Discount Store for Organic Healthy Food
- The 10 Best Foods to Eat
- Understanding MacroNutrients
- Understanding MicroNutrient
- Diet and Meal Planning for the Pregnant and Nursing Mom
- Homemade Chicken Stock (and chicken and veggie soup)
- Total Meal Smoothies
- Complete Guide To Real Food: A Meal Planning Cookbook – Our original meal planning cookbook will soon be available in Ebook format for you to download and start using today! This Complete Guide to Real Food includes a Blood Sugar Regulations Diet, 4 weeks of dinner meal plans with recipes, shopping lists and many bonus resources for beginning a completely REAL FOOD lifestyle.
*SPECIAL: Until the full book is available, enjoy this FREE excerpt of our Blood Sugar Regulation Diet!
Click here to get the Complete Guide to REAL Food Ebook! (Coming Soon)
- doTERRA Essential Oils– the key to a Toxin-Free home! We use essential oils and doTERRA’s essential oil formulas for all our household and body care needs. We help all our doTERRA clients get reference guides which include recipes to replace toxic household products!!!
Here are some of our favorite fitness professionals we’d like to give a shout out to:
- Align Pilates and Yoga (San Juan Capistrano, CA)
*Owned by Nicole Howard, co-host of the Real HEALTH Podcast!*
WHY DO WE NEED SUPPLEMENTS?
I get this question a lot, and my answer is basically, “Because we don’t get enough nutrition from our food”. Typically when I recommend a supplement to a client, I explain how they could get that same nutrition from food. Usually the supplement is the easier choice because of convenience or simply the desire NOT to eat the food that they need. The Standard American Diet (SAD), and even the Standard “Healthy” American Diet, has completely excluded all the traditional foods healthy cultures have valued for centuries, like the organs of animals or carefully fermented/cultured foods. Click here to see my article all about taking Vitamins.
Some people feel that they can get all the nutrition they need from their healthy diet. That’s great! But most people would consider (and do consider) my family a little crazy based on the kinds of things we make sure to eat frequently- like liver, raw milk, anchovies, lacto-fermented veggies and drinks, tons of organic (expensive) fruits and vegetables, and homemade bone broths- and we still value our basic supplements as essential additions to our daily lives to bridge the gap between what we should eat and what we actually eat.
Here’s what our family takes every day:
- doTERRA’s Lifelong Vitality Pack (the kids take a children’s daily multi-nutrient chewable formula)
- doTERRA’s PB Assist+ probiotic (the kids take a powder formula)
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vegetable concentrate powder or capsules, such as Juice Plus+ (capsules and chewables available- and kids can get it for free…contact us about this option) or doTERRA’s TerraGreens formula
- doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils for general wellness, specifically: lavender, lemon, peppermint, frankincense, OnGuard blend and emotional aromatherapy blends
*Please contact me to get your own doTERRA account for the best prices, promotional products and resources!
Nutritional Therapy goes beyond diet and exercise, offering customized and highly effective natural approaches to each client’s specific needs. Once you have implemented STEP 1 and STEP 2 (above), you may utilize the help and support of a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) or a Chiropractor who specializes in nutritional therapy to address your unique health needs with specific natural therapy options and recommendations.
*We recommend completing your first Nutritional Therapy Consultation before you begin our Steps to Real Health program so you can track your progress with re-evaluations every 3-4 months.
Nutritional Therapy can be applied to all areas of health, including:
- weight management
- digestion, hormone health
- women and children’s health (fertility and conception, prenatal, perinatal and postpartum health, breastfeeding, menopause)
- blood sugar handling/diabetes
- cardiovascular health
- nutrient deficiencies
- mental and emotional health
Click here to begin a Nutritional Therapy Consultation!
Most people don’t realize the powerful benefits of physical therapies for all areas of health. Quite often visiting one of these types of practitioners may effectively address your health issues, and may also be used for general family health maintenance:
- Physical Therapy
- Osteopathic Manipulation with a D.O. or Chiropractor
- Massage Therapy
Here is a list of some of our favorite practitioners:
- Andrea Roberson, D.O. (San Clemente, CA)
- Dr. Jacob James, Physical Therapy (Irvine, CA)
When you have addressed all of the Steps to REAL HEALTH and still need health issues addressed, or if you have an emergency, we thank God we have modern medicine to assist us!
Besides calling 911 when necessary, here are our favorite family doctors and medical practitioners we’d like to give a shout out to:
- Dr. Andrea Roberson (San Clemente, CA)- OCFamilyDoctor.com
- Sears Family Pediatrics (Capistrano Beach, CA)- www.askdrsears.com
- Susan Scott Gill, LM, CPM (Home Birth Midwife, Lake Forest, CA)- www.blessedbeginningsmidwifery.com
- Dr. Kenneth James (OBGYN, Laguna Beach, CA)- www.lagunabeachobgyn.com
Leave a Reply